Who doesn’t want a long-lasting roof? It increases the value of the asset and saves money on maintenance and repairs. Asphalt shingles were commonly used for roofs. We have tried tiles, bricks, concrete, asbestos, and logs. All of them require maintenance after a weather change. However, the metal roof can withstand all kinds of severe weather, even hurricanes.
Installing metal roofing can be slightly expensive, but it saves money for years by avoiding maintenance and repairing. Installing properly a new roof also helps in the long run. During installation, various tools are needed. If you’re doing it yourself, you’ll need assistance from other family members and an installation guidebook. The best way of getting rid of all this hassle is by appointing a metal roof contractor.
AM Metal roofing is a metal roofing company that supplies metal tiles and standing seam metal roofing panels for buildings in Edmonton, Alberta, and other parts of Ontario. Their professionals are experienced and knowledgeable which makes metal roof installation timely and easy. They provide 50 years of warranty. They have installed 500 metal roofs since 2009.
How to find a metal roofing contractor?
- The best way of finding a metal roofing contractor is to check through the internet in your nearby areas. It is wise to get someone near your location so that it saves their commuting time and your transportation cost.
- If not internet, then check with your neighbours who have recently got roofing renovated or installed metal roofing. Sometimes, family, colleagues, and friends are of great help.
- Don’t stick to just one contractor, but find at least 2-3 contractors. This helps in comparing prices and negotiating on your terms.
- Once you have names and contact numbers for all contractors, you can start finding them over the internet. Search engines are a great source of providing information on any company.
- Reread all reviews and comments mentioned by their clients. Also, check their ratings on the website given by other companies.
- Contact them personally and get their quotations. Wrote down all costs and other charges like transportation, labour charge, etc. to avoid the last-minute hassle.
- Once you have called all companies and negotiated well, compare the pricing for all of them to choose your best contractor.
- Once you have finalized your contractor, get all information and prices in writing. This way they cannot charge you for any hidden cost.
When you contact a contractor, d remember to ask them these few questions to ensure that they’re the right people who can handle work smoothly –
- Find if they provide a warranty only for the material or for the work as well. For example, will they provide a warranty on leakage or gaps or just a warranty on the product?
- Check if they provide a breathable ventilation system. All contractors know that metal roofs should not be installed on synthetic vapour insulation because that will entrap moisture.
- Ask the contractor if they will repair any roof damage. Get a written proposal signed.
- Check if they use environmentally friendly chemicals during installation. You don’t want to harm your family staying under the roof.
Always remember, experience is the most important thing that matters in a work. Even if the business is new the staff should be professional and experienced to finish work smoothly.